DiGuilo, M. 1997. The origin of the genetic code. Trends Biochem. Sci. 22: 49-50. Dolphin, C. T., Janmohamed, A., Smith, R. L., Shephard, E. A., and Phillips, I. R. 1997. Missense mutation in flavin-containing monooxygenase 3 gene, FMO3, underlies fish-odour syndrome. Nature Genetics 17: 491-494. Maddox, B. 2002. Rosalind Franklin: The Dark Lady of DNA. New York: Harper Collins. Roca, J. 1995. The mechanisms of DNA topoisomerases. Trends Biochem. Sci. 20: 156-160 Watson, J. D., and Crick, F. H. C. 1953. A structure for deoxyribose nucleic acid. Nature 171: 737.
Woodcock, C. L., and Horowitz, R. A. 1995. Chromatin organization re-viewed. Trends Cell Biol.
For each question, choose the ONE BEST answer or completion.
1. Which base is not found in the DNA of most organisms?
2. The bonds that join the nucleotides to form a single strand of DNA are
A. peptide bonds.
B. hydrogen bonds.
C. phosphodiester links.
D. van der Waals bonds.
E. disulfide bonds.
3. DNA is packaged into chromatin with the help of the protein called
A. DNA polymerase I.
C. DNA ligase.
D. topoisomerase I.
4. Histone proteins are rich in the amino acids
A. arginine and asparagine.
B. leucine and isoleucine.
C. aspartate and glutamate.
D. arginine and lysine.
E. histidine and glutamine.
5. The 20 amino acids found in proteins are coded for by
Was this article helpful?