• Manufacturer: Sectra Pronosco, Herlev, Denmark
• Technique: Computerized radiogrammetry utilizing a standard digitized X-ray image of the hand as part of an integrated PACS workstation
• Skeletal application(s): Metacarpals of the index, long, and ring fingers
BMD estimate (g/cm2) Metacarpal index T-score, z-score
Graphical representation of the T- and z-score Graphical representation of the Metacarpal Index
• Patient Scan time: Not applicable
• Analysis time: 5 seconds
• Radiation exposure: 1 ^Sv limited to the hand during plain film acquisition
• Operation: Data from a hand image is analyzed and stored in a PACS system. The hand image data file is opened for viewing on the IDS5 workstation. The radiogrammetry analysis is begun with a mouse click and complete in approximately 5 seconds. The report can then be printed. The system is equipped with an internet update feature for reference databases and DICOM modality on-line support.
Was this article helpful?